Tuesday 11 September 2012

come sweet slumber, enshroud me in thy purple cloak.

Sleep problems. Without alcohol I feel, I will not be able to get to sleep. An excuse. A factor. A reason.       
                                                                                                                                                                    
There are lots of practical things to help. Not doing immersive engaging things like surfing the net being one    of them. Last night I didn't drink but I stayed up until 7 in the morning. At 8 my alarm went off, and at 815 I   got out of bed.                                                                                                                                             
                                                                                                                                                                     
So I hope I can sleep tonight. I rather imagine I can.                                                                                     
                                                                                                                                                                    I'm currently reading a book called Cloud Atlas. It's a series of short stories, each connected to the previous. I'm quite enjoying it, so I'm going to switch off the PC, go to bed and read until my eyelids droop. Like in the olden days before computers.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
I used to read and read and read when I was a kid. My mum and dad would come up and tell me it was        time to sleep, then when they were back downstairs I would turn the light back on and read some more. I'd   get shouted at, and my dad would take the bulb out of the lamp. I'd use a torch instead and read until I heard the theme music to News at Ten.                                                                                                                  
                                                                                                                                                                    Not something I can do now really. When Bren goes to bed it's to sleep, so if I read, it keeps her awake.      
                                                                                                                                                                    So I'm going to read now, and luxuriate in the experience.                                                                             
                                                                                                                                                                    Nighty night.                                                                                                                                                
                                                                                                                                                                   

driving lessons in Wallasey? learn to drive in Wirral? driving instructor in Birkenhead?

1 comment:

Pete said...

Irregular or insufficient sleep will seriously mess you up. I hate it. I find a combination of serious mental activity and physical activity during the day can lead to some really good quality sleep. I'm sure you know that alcohol = sleep is a total myth. But yeah, sorting out your sleep is an issue well worth addressing seriously. Have you tried hanging upside down from the rafters? That seems to help some people.