Wednesday 24 August 2011

Today in numbers

Hangover rating: 0

Distance cycled: 9.97 miles. Let's call it 10.

Distance walked: About 4.5 miles around Brackenwood with my Dad.

Shitness at golf rating: 8957987593847589345739485093485093.7

I got wet in the rain. It felt good. It's been a while since it happened.

My bike rides are getting a bit repetitive. It's fantastic that I can travel mile after mile on dedicated car free routes, but there are only a limited number of them. Being in the top north east corner of a peninsula,  I can go West, or I can go South. I can also go South West, but there are few cycle paths thatawy. Mostly they follow the coast.

Tomorrow, I finish working sometime early afternoon. I want to go to Neston to see my mum and dad, and sort out their computer (They ain't got no internet access right now and they're getting bored with freecell) so it would be quite a good challenge to do the entire Wirral circular trail.

Here's ther relevent bit:

The Wirral Circular Trail:

This much discussed project is now well underway, following joint funding by
the European Regional Development Fund via the North West Developments
Agency and the Local Transport plan.
The 34 mile route will have four main sections:

 The Mersey / East Coast,
 The Liverpool Bay / Irish Sea / North Coast,
 The Dee / West Coast and
 The Wirral Borderlands.

The route will primarily be a signed route around Wirral, linking the facilities
we already have. The Wirral Way will take you from West Kirby to Hooton and
new signs will then take you to Eastham Country Park. The route along the
Mersey Coast will eventually go over Bromborough Landfill site, across to
Shorefields and via Rock Park, Cammell Lairds and Birkenhead Priory along
to Woodside Ferry and up to Seacombe Ferry. By following the promenade to
New Brighton, the route cuts inland to the River Birket Cycle track to Leasowe
Lighthouse, and then along the North Shore to Hoylake, West Kirby and the
start of The Wirral Way. In certain locations it has been necessary to separate
the walking and the cycling route. 500 signs will be put up gradually over the
coming months. The project is currently on target for April 2011 completion,
with booklets and maps being produced to promote the Trail.
34 arse chafing miles of almost traffic free biking, with a computer fixing tea drinking bit in the middle. Sounds like a plan.

2 comments:

Pete said...

I want to do the whole trail with you.

Paul said...

Best offer I've had all week. Sure Pete. There will be an indian summer this year. October will be lovely. I can feel it in my bones.