Tuesday 28 June 2011

Blogger Vs Wordpress

I keep trying with Wordpress. I really do. I can see that it has real potential. Yet doing simple things like removing or adding page elements, or getting it to put line breaks between paragraphs seem only possible through an esoteric and convoluted process. I'm sure there are ways of doing what I want to do, but it's a whole lot of work.

Also, worpress wants to charge me for using my own domain name. It seems that blogger allows me to do this for free. I'm not making any firm commitment to any platform yet, but I've made a lot more progress using the blogger site than I have with the wordpress one.

In case anyone's interested, here are the two sites.

Blogger


Wordpress

Blogger loads up faster than wordpress, at least on my computer at this moment.

Still trying stuff. What you see there at the moment is probably not what it will end up looking like.

And I will continue to try with wordpress. Even if I can't do things conventionally, I might find workarounds using more creative methods.

No comments: