Thursday 30 December 2010

P.S...

Christmas has come early!

Well actually, it came exactly when expected, but I didn't have a clue what I wanted when people asked, so I asked for amazon or itunes vouchers. Fortunately, everyone got Amazon vouchers, rather than splitting it between the two to the diminishment of both.

I'd decided I wanted a graphics tablet. Very much a luxury for me really. I don't need it for my job, although Bren might well find a decent tablet useful as a professional photographer.

The Graphics Tablet world is dominated by a company called Wacom. I could have got a small (perhaps A6 or at best A5) tablet from them. Or I could go with a budget brand, which is what I ended up doing.

It was sceduled to arrive sometime around the 6th of January 2011, but it came this morning, and I've bneen having a good old mess about with it.

First task was to remove many layers of packaging, only to find that the thing just wouldn't work. It turned out that I'd missed the final layer of packaging. The AAA battery I put into the pen was shrink wrapped in plastic.

If you like to draw, you can find some awesome art HERE at "Doodlebug", AKA "Desktop Creatures". Some incredibly talented scribblers turn the single simple black line they're given into things of sublime beauty, far beyond my talents.

I've done a couple this afternoon. I couldn't resist sharing them with the world.



And that's me done blogging for another year. I wish anyone that reads this blog a happy and prosperous 2011, although I suspect it's not going to be an easy year.

No comments: