Thursday 26 July 2018

The Five Two Diet

I found myself tipping the scales at around 15 stone. Before I became an instructor I was more like about 11.5 stone. That's what you get for eating crap and sitting on your arse all day. And when I got home from a long day's seat warming, I'd be too tired to do much.

But I said to myself, "When I hit 15 stone, I will do something about this."

There are other reasons too, but that's another story.

Anyway, I'm doing the five two diet. You eat normally (or better still,  sensibly) five days a week, then limit your calorific intake to around 500-600 calories two days a week. These days should not be consecutive.

So I started on Tuesday. My next "two" day is tomorrow, so I'm preparing this evening by gathering up the ingredients I will eat tomorrow.

When I try to look stuff up online, it seems mainly to tell me how many calories I would need to gain, maintain or lose weight, but doesn't really allow me to input a food and a weight and to find out how many calories that contains. I'm sure there are such sites and apps out there but I haven't come across one yet.

Instead, I am looking at what ingredients I have, asking the  internet about these specific foods, and collating the results on this post, so that I have an easy reference.

Per 100g                                            Calories

Carrot                                                     41.35
Onion                                                     40.00
Mushroom                                              22.00
Beetroot                                                  46.64
Celery                                                     16.01
Hot Chilli                                                40.00
Potato                                                      77.00
Capsicum                                                40.00

That's what I have at the moment, although I might get some more things this evening after I finish teaching. Weigh out stuff so that it adds up to 600 calories, chop it up and throw it in a pan with some water for half an hour then whizz it into soup with a whizzer. Then tomorrow whenever I feel like eating, I will have a bowl of the stuff, reheated. When it's gone it's gone.

I wonder if hot food contains more calories than cold food?

Answer: Yes, but only to a negligible degree.

driving lessons in North Wirral? learn to drive in Hoylake? driving instructor in Birkenhead?

No comments: