Saturday 2 July 2016

New New New Labour, or something.

Well, shit. I just joined the labour party. Been a while. That Eagle woman better watch out. That's all I can say.

A year ago, I joined the Greens, just to add a tiny incremental weight to their numbers. I suppose I'm now a member of two parties at once.

Ever read "The Life Of Pi"? The protagonist became, simultaneously, a Hindu, an Christian, and a Moslem, with no theological qualms. The leaders and shapers of the theologies he'd signed up to, however were less than comfortable with his open acceptance of the many.

A part of me daydreams of being an MP. I join my local CLP (constituency labour party) and in some stirring speech at a local meeting, I blow the crowd away with an impassioned speech about principles and integrity etc.

Then I remember that I'm shit at that sort of stuff.

So if my membership is accepted, I will go along, keep my powder dry, and do what I can on the QT to get someone less Blairite as my local MP.

driving lessons in North Wirral? learn to drive in Hoylake? driving instructor in Birkenhead?

No comments: