Monday 20 April 2015

Board IV and other stuff

Heavy base, weak sides, to which a hinge is going to be attached. Either have some kind of complicated mechanism that attaches to the base, or attach hinge to weak sides.

The heavy sturdy plywood base is bigger than it needs to be, so it might be better to remove the frame from the painted cork base, stick the cork base directly to the plywood, and use the excess plywood to create the sides.

I can't check this at the moment because I am away on holiday for a week.

I'm trying to use this time to a) relax and b) catch up on some stuff I've needed to do but not had the time or inclination to do.

A bit ago, after a few glasses of home brew, I felt both magnanimous and motivated enough to send a message to the guy that did my website, asking him to reconfigure and update it with regards to franchising and instructor training, in return for which I would pay him handsomely.

We met up and discussed the work, and I promised to go away and generate the content he needed.

Since then, I've either been to busy or too knackered to do much, although I did do some market research.

Meanwhile, web guy, in the absence of action or communication from me, appears to have decided to disconnect my website from his VPN, and not reconnect it to UK2's servers. This, if it is the case, seems worryingly unprofessional. He does though, I suppose have  a grievance, since I promised him work and money, then failed to follow up.

We form assessments of people based on how they treat us, and no doubt he now considers me to be full of it, while I now think of him as somewhat petty and vindictive.

So this holiday gives me the opportunity to fulfil my end of the arrangement, and hopefully we can repair the damage to our relationship.

The holiday also gives me the chance to spend some quality time with Bren. We've had precious little of it for a long time now.

The holiday itself is courtesy of my stepson, Alex. He works for a company that has a lodge in a site close to Lake Windermere, that their employees, or their friends and families can use for one week each per year. Alex gave us his week.

The lodge is basically a posh wooden static caravan, but about one and a half times as wide, and a little bit longer. Inside, it is fitted out with quality modern fixtures and decor.

Space! It makes our own humble abode seem very cramped and shabby, and envy is in our hearts.

Truth is, despite earning a reasonable wedge, we can't afford to finance living somewhere other than the caravan, which will depreciate steadily as the years roll by. Like the ape man at the beginning of 2001 a space odyssey, who is given visions of a well fed tribe of sleek and contented ape men, our present location has shown us what we're missing.

driving lessons in North Wirral? learn to drive in Hoylake? driving instructor in Birkenhead?

No comments: