Thursday 14 February 2013

Things are moving

Compared to the last couple of years, I find I've been blogging less. Perhaps it's no coincidence that this occurs at the same time as I have a lot going on in my life.

First of all, I continue to be busy, and am really starting to reap the rewards. Many of the people that started with me over the last month or so continue to take lessons with me, and are in the main now paying my normal lesson rate. I'm actually earning enough to pay the bills, and this situation looks likely to continue for the moment. Almost all the lessons I do are productive, and the vast majority of my pupils are more than happy with me, and the things I'm doing.

Secondly, things had started to drag with the move, but we've finally made some decisions.

Thirdly, that things came to such a point was partly because of an alcohol fuelled rant and a lot of upset. I'm not proud of myself, but neither do I regret the turn of events.

All of the above is connected.

We intend to sell the house to Bren's son, Alex. Because of the state of repair, and the amount of money that needs to be spent to modernise it, we (Bren mainly) were reluctant to burden Alex with this. Alex though, has been approved in principle for a mortgage that is more than we're asking for. The extra will go to putting a new roof on.

The fact that my trade has finally started to pay off means that we can provide help and support to Alex in the future. This has made our decision easier.

It's also absolutely crucial therefore that I don't do anything to jeopordise this situation. By perhaps still being over the limit the next morning after having a drink. So I shall only be drinking when I have no work the next day from now on.

I don't know how long it will take from this point for the move to go ahead, but Alex will be going to see someone at the bank tomorrow. We need to go tell the caravan guy that a sale has been agreed, and we really do need to start slimming down our material possessions. The fact that it's Alex that's buying it means there's a bit less hurry. It also means Lisa has more stability. She can stay here with her brother, instead of having to make her own arrangements. Alex is getting a foot on the property ladder with a good sized house at a bargain price. If he meets someone and starts a family, it will be ideal for him here. And we get rid of our debts and live a simpler more managable and sustainable life in a manner that fits our personalities as artists and oddballs.

So I'm up early every morning. Working all day. I really can't see myself spending too much time looking for letters on Google Earth or anything for the foreseeable future.

driving lessons in Wallasey? learn to drive in Wirral? driving instructor in Birkenhead?

No comments: