Sunday 1 January 2012

Resolutions, in higher resolution.

I intend to be quite structured and organised about things this year. There are tools at my disposal.

First off, there's a Wii, with a Wii Fit board. I intend for this blog to be a record of my weight (and waist measurement)

I shall try to do this weekly, but not necessarily every seven days.

Second tool for me to organise and tabulate my life with is a GPS logger that I bought with the Amazon vouchers I asked people to get me for christmas. It records a track that I can import into Google Earth. I intend to use it to publicise the fantastic and adventurous things I do with my pupils, to record the track of any bikerides or walks or anything, and possibly just to show where I've been on any particular day.

You, the Eagle Eyed Blog reader will no doubt have read my earlier contrite post when I announced to the Whole Damn World that I'm a reformed character, and would no longer be drinking.

You'll also no doubt have noticed that I failed to record the fact that I'd started again.

Guilt and shame are harder to post about than good intentions.

Anyway, I'm trying again now. I hope I have the courage to admit I've slipped, if I do slip.

The day, in figures:

Distance Travelled: I don't know. I didn't have the logger with me. Went to Moreton for Lunch with Family. Came home. That's about 10 miles I reckon. All done by car.

Alcohol drunk: None. Cigarettes smoked: None.

That is a success story. I have no desire to restart. It's just a non-issue. I suppose it's about 5 months since I had one. I will try to record the 6 month and 12 month milestones on this blog if I remember.

My weight is 13 stone and 4 pounds. I'm 5 foot 8-9 inches tall, which makes my BMI somewhere around 28.5.

The middle number is unlikely to change much. The other two should hopefully diminish.

driving lessons in Wallasey?

No comments: