Wednesday 18 January 2012

Little and large

It all started with something small.

At the bottom of each page on my website is a testimonial statement, randomly selected from the comments my pupils have left for me. After making various changes to the format of the main page, I'm very close to what I want, except this particular bit is too far over to the right. I've attempted to move it over by setting it's alignment, but ultmately, the problem lies with the table structure of the page, which has become somewhat chaotic because of the edits and redesigns I've been doing.

The bit I want to change is pretty much invisible in the wysiwig part of dreamweaver, and I'm not getting what I want using the code editor side of things either.

Loading a different, less messed about with page, I find the table structure is much more intact, but that existing table structure no longer gives me quite what I'm looking for.

This is a shame, because I could have just shoved the content of the main page into a temp page for safe keeping, pasted the table from a working page, and repasted the content back into it.

But I'm increasingly feeling like I want to just start again. Obviously, still keeping those lovely bits of code safe somewhere, but making an entirely new table and working things from there. This would then have to be propagated across all the accessible pages of the site, for the sake of coherence.

And all because one little page element is not quite in the correct place.

Still, I think it will be worth it in the end.

driving lessons in Wallasey?

No comments: