Unfortunately, blogger vets the code as I send it, and strips all that stuff out.
The best laid plans of mice and men go aft astray :(
So what to do?
- Carry on regardless. Since I intend to pay for advertising to get my site seen, it might not matter too much, easpecially given that meta tags don't necessarily help that much anyway.
- Carry on regardless but put the keywords in some other way, like way down at the bottom after a whole load of empty lines
- See if wordpress does it any better.
- Get some proper webspace instead of trying to do something to which a blog is not well suited.
- Embrace the blogginess! If all I need is a place to sell my services, why shouldn't a blog work as well as a more conventional site? I would still have issues with promotion of the site though.