Monday 30 July 2018

Moderation in all things

You may notice that I've changed the settings on this blog so that comments are now moderated, and anonymous replies to my post are no longer permitted.

The reason is that for the past couple of weeks, I've been getting a steady trickle of inane and childish comments. I've just deleted them but they're still happening, so for now, comments will be pre-moderated.

I have a fairly good idea of who the inane and childish poster is, but since he or she has bravely hidden behind the cloak of anonymity, I can't prove it.

I think it all stems from an incident last September. I went to Wales with someone, and we climbed a mountain together. Well actually we only climbed a bit of it together. After this trip, I severed my ties, moved on, drew a line under things, and got on with life.

Here's a series of videos I made during our trip.














And at that point, the battery on my phone died. I started walking towards Llanberis, was kindly given a lift by a passing climber, and completed my journey back to the car by taxi. Then I drove us home. Pete, if you happen to read this, I apologise for not keeping the pace you wanted to set, but I did not understand your behaviour at the time, and I still don't now. When I eventually made it back to the car park, and met you there, you talked at length about how you were planning to get to a train station so that you could make your way home. I wonder if at any point you thought about the fact that I had not come down from the mountain. If I'd chosen to behave the same way, I'd have got in my car, and left you at the car park.

If it is you that's posting abuse on my blog, perhaps as some socially fucked up way of trying to re-establish contact, you're wasting your time. There's good and bad in everyone. You've made me laugh. You've annoyed the shit out of me. The events of last year tipped the scales, and you probably still don't get why.


driving lessons in North Wirral? learn to drive in Hoylake? driving instructor in Birkenhead?

No comments: